Friday, April 8, 2011

being sick and how that affects football

So I broke down and went to the doctor after having a lousy day at work and a fever.  Man, I have to tell you, I haven't felt that bad in years.  I have always been blessed not to be one of those people that gets sick all the time.  My wife says I am quite a wienie about it when I am (and I suppose she is right).  She says it is a man thing.  Anywho, I had been taking this stuff called Theraflu and it is a weird one.  From freezing to death to being covered in sweat....yuck!  I thought I was getting better and then it hit me.  What is that scratchy feeling on the backside of my tongue?  So as an investigative reporter type, I went to the kids bathroom with a flashlight to see...and yep....you guessed it...small white specks of something nasty on my tonsils.  I knew what this meant.  As a teenager, I used to get this all the time.  Go to the doctor; swab your tonsils; give you some antibiotics...no strep though.  This time was different.  Doc said test was positive.  Same treatment though...interesting.

So what does this have to do with football?  Nothing really...more like an impact on cheerleading signups and sizing.  You see, I am the treasurer for HYFCA (a lovely acronym I created a couple of years ago).  I was supposed to be there...to take the money..duh!  Alas, the doctor told me I was contagious and I told him, "you don't know the half of it" j/k.  So I missed my first big task of the year.  Fwiw, I made it tonight and suprisingly, they did just fine without me.  Bummer!  I wanted to  be THE GUY!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment